As people look towards more convenience, businesses must look to options that come across as appealing to the public. This adjusting to the ever-increasing rise of mobile-based internet browsing affects website development services popularity and cost.
People are no longer restricted to PCs and computers, and several people are now using their mobile devices to carry out certain tasks, such as browsing and shopping. Upon consulting a web development company, you will be advised on what technologies are trending and will be popular in the future.
To help you along this journey, here are a few things you need to know about the future of website development services:
- Search engines will continue to prioritize mobile-first websites and provide them with slightly better rankings than websites lacking mobile-friendly design.
- Small businesses looking to survive or ramp up operations are likely to be most interested in developing.
- WordPress will be the most desirable website option for new entrepreneurs and people looking to become their own bosses.
- Android development offers more flexibility to developers, and app owners also get the ability to customize apps.
- The Android OS maintains a huge lead over iOS (runner-up OS by global share), which will not likely change in the next year or two.
- Java still cements itself as a trustable programming language and will remain so in 2023 and beyond.
Let’s take a closer look at why WordPress, Android, and Java will play a large role in the future of web development.
Although launched in 2003, WordPress wasn’t an immediate success. It wasn’t until after 2010 that WordPress started to shape up as a popular CMS (Content Management System.)
In later years, especially during the pandemic, WordPress’s popularity increased, given the circumstances. The appealing design and lack of a steep learning curve were what made it the perfect option for people looking to develop a website.
So many novel website owners opted for WordPress instead of several other options because it is simple and manageable, rightfully so, since this technology does power 43% of all websites on the internet! This number is set to rise as we enter a new year where people are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of owning a website.
If you are wondering why WordPress is the most popular web content management system, here are more than a few reasons:
- Simple and easy enough to use
- Low cost, with a free version as well
- No coding experience required
- Customizable website elements
- Easier ability to undertake SEO activities
- Manageable and full control of your website
WordPress is so simple that even people without any experience in coding or computers can find their way around the platform.
Furthermore, a simple online guide or tutorial will help novice WordPress website owners find their way around the website and meet certain requirements, such as maintaining SEO and readability scores.
But, even if you are unable to do it alone, a WordPress development company will be easy to find and hire and will be able to carry out everything for you.
According to market and consumer data expert, Statista, Android is the reigning mobile operating system. It currently holds a controlling 71% of the global market, with Android development becoming more popular! This is up from the 28% it held a decade ago.
Steadily, the platform’s market share has been growing while also maintaining a massive difference over its prime competitor, iOS. Other competitors do not come close enough to bother Android as their shares are negligible.
It doesn’t come as a surprise when the Google Play Store has an astoundingly large array of mobile applications to choose from. The Android OS is now owned by Google, meaning that this platform is bound to be the first to benefit from new technological advances.
Why would you choose Android development over iOS?
- Android apps have a much larger target audience.
- The Google Play Store is less strict than the iOS App Store.
- The Android OS has a larger market share.
- Android is an open system and allows developers more access while developing.
- Using Android, you can develop apps for a greater variety of devices, not just mobile devices.
- Developer publishing fees are lower on Android ($25) rather than iOS ($99) – these prices are for annual developer publishing fees.
Reasons Why Companies Use Java
- High Scalability and simplicity
- It is an object-oriented language
- Java is relatively easy to learn
- Among the most-trusted programming languages
- Handles multiple tasks concurrently
- Offers high-speed capabilities
If you look at it, Java has everything that a business needs in its website; speed, simplicity, reliability, concurrent-task handling, and there is not much left to desire!
It has been the constant evolution of the technologies WordPress, Java, and Android that has been instrumental in making them very popular and highly used technologies. The future still looks bright with the presence of Java, WordPress, and Android and you shouldn’t look back when hiring these mobile or website development services.