Summary: In this post we will examine different strategies to convert OLM file to CSV format without relying on Mac Machine. We will also examine the scenarios and benefits of converting OLM file contacts, calendar data, tasks, and email messages to CSV format.
I would like to know how to convert an OLM file to CSV format? Can I convert an OLM file to Excel? Well, OLM is a Mac Outlook export database archive file used to archive emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc and more. In contrast, the CSV file will be used for storing comma-separated values such as contacts, data, and so on. It will be accessible with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Calc, etc. There are a lot of users who want to export to Outlook for Mac Contacts to Excel to CSV format.
OLM File Format
The data file generated by the Outlook for Mac software is called OLM. It stores all of the user’s mailbox data, including their contacts, notes, emails, tasks, journals, and calendars. Only the Outlook for Mac software helps to move and open these files.
CSV File Format
CSV (Comma Separated Values), or CSV, stands for files. It is a type of data file that is mostly used to store contact information. Additionally, it could be a spreadsheet with distinct records separated by commas.
This article explains how to convert OLM files to CSV files using professional tools like OLM to CSV converter. Here we will discuss the Outlook for Mac Archive file conversion on the Windows platform. The OLM to CSV Converter is a recommended solution for converting from OLM to Excel contacts as it not only converts contacts from OLM to CSV, but provides various options for importing OLM directly into Excel.
Why is it necessary to convert OLM file to CSV file?
Users are compelled to convert OLM to CSV files on Mac for a variety of reasons. Some of the factors that drive up demand for a lifetime conversion are listed below.
- CSV helps to store limitless contacts with all of its components in one place.
- CSV files can be easily accessible without net connection in Excel.
- It is supported by several email clients, allowing users to simply transfer from one to the next.
- These CSV files are functional with any spreadsheet application, such as Google spreadsheet application, such as Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Users can create a backup of the CSV file in a range of file formats.
So, these are the main reasons why users need to convert OLM to CSV format. In the upcoming section we will discuss how we can transfer OLM files to CSV by using the OLM to CSV converter.
Methods to Convert OLM file to CSV
The only manual method for converting an OLM file to a PST file format is the one described below. The MS Outlook application on your Mac is required to accomplish the procedure. Take the following steps:
- To begin, launch Outlook for Mac.
- Import the Mac OLM file to Outlook using the Import/Export option.
- When the OLM file opens in Outlook, you must use the Import/Export option again.+
- To do so, use the Export to a file option.
- Then, choose CSV (Comma Separated Values) and click Next.
- Select the Destination Location where you want to store the CSV file format and click Next.
- Finally, click the Finish button to complete the process.
Using the Manual Method Has Some Limitation
The following are some of the drawbacks of manual procedures that make it more necessary to choose an automated tool:
- A lot of time is spent on exporting OLM to CSV files, which makes it a time-consuming process.
- The OLM files need to be converted using this method, which requires technical skills.
- Cyber threats can compromise email data due to the need for Outlook installation.
We have a sophisticated technique to break through these constraints, making the conversion process as a whole safe and efficient.
Smart Approach to convert OLM file to CSV
To convert OLM to CSV smartly requires a professional OLM to CSV converter. Professional OLM file converter is the virus free and reliable tool that helps you to convert OLM file to CSV and many other file formats like PST, EML, EMLX, DOC, DOCX, ICS, HTML, PDF, etc. However it also helps to migrate the OLM file to the number of email clients like Gmail, Thunderbird, Yahoo mail, Zoho Mail, etc. If you are thinking about data protection then this OLM File converter maintains the data hierarchy throughout the conversion process. It is available for Mac and Windows both.
You should carefully follow the step-by-step directions to convert OLM to CSV.
Step 01) Download and Install OLM to CSV converter in your system.
Step 02) Then click on the single and multiple file folder option according to your preference and click on the browse button.
Step 03) After this select the mail folder and preview the email messages and click on the next button.
Step 04) Now, select the file format from the drop down list of software and enable some essential features of software.
Step 05) After this set the path where you want to save the resultant file and click on the convert button.
Your OLM contacts are successfully converted into CSV file format using the above mentioned technique.
The purpose of this article is to demonstrate all possible methods to convert an OLM file to CSV format. To assist users, we have explained both free manual methods as well as professional methods. There are also limitations to free techniques, such as the fact that they take a lot of time to complete and that results are not 100% guaranteed.
As discussed in this post, it is best to use the professional way. The third-party tool allows users to convert and migrate their OLM to CSV and many other file formats and mail clients like Gmail, Thunderbird, Yahoo mail, etc.